Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The New Bump

Yup -- Jill and Derrick are expecting baby number two on September 1 (my date) -- or September 5 (the doctor's date) or August 30 (Jill's hoped for date). How fun to think of being Grammie and Papa to a new little person!!

So, here is Baby Bump the middle of January when we went to visit:



And here is Baby Bump, looking a lot like her/his Daddy at just 12 weeks gestation. I think this is truly an amazing ultrasound. Despite my years of working in OB, I still look at most ultrasound pictures, smile wisely and wonder which end is up. But on this one, you can really tell. Astonishing!!



I can't wait to meet this little one in person....It's going to be interesting coordinating getting to Florida at the right time....but those sorts of things we leave in the Lord's hands. I'm free from August 24 thru September 10, so I'm trusting I'll be able to be there at least for a short period of time!

I was able to show Tim this picture through Skype yesterday --

Ain't technology grand?

Tim showed me how much Vegemite he has consumed over the past two months. His jar is almost empty.....here's hoping the next box gets to him SOON.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger RCO said...

Amazing, truly amazing!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger TulipGirl said...

Amazing ultrasound!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home