Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I Love Skype!

This is not designed to be an unsolicited advertisement for a particular product/company. It is just that -- well I'd love anything that allows me to talk/see Tim for free. I was able to chat with Lyn (in Berlin) for well over an hour yesterday, working on stuff for our family reunion in July. And today, Tim called me from his "office" and we chatted for just a few minutes. He was dressed in his traditional garb -- a nice blue bobo (bubu? bobu?) that he says comes to his shins -- he'll have to have a couple of them custom made to cover his ankles as they are meant to do. His "office" is a passageway between a couple of other offices, so it isn't very private, but hey -- it's a place where he can do his work! He was showing me around the office when something happened and our connection was lost.

It was GOOD to "see" him. I realize he's been gone only since Sunday (and this is Wednesday), but it seems like a long time.

The important thing is he is there safe and sound. His luggage also made it without falling apart and without any breakage. YAY!! Thanks to Jen who helped him pack, he really was able to take a lot of stuff -- including two large jars of peanut butter which I suspect will be gone quite quickly as one of his friends there is already looking forward to "sharing" it.

I wonder if I should buy stock in Jif....

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skype is great! We had a three-way conversation on Christmas Day--New Zealand, France, and Eugene!
Sue R.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger RCO said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news about Tim. And how special for you to be able to "see" him as well as hear him. I'm glad, too, that you and Lyn were able to "skype" each other!! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home