Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Monday, August 18, 2008

August Birthdays

On Sunday in Parade Magazine which comes with the Chicago Tribune, a question was posed to Marilyn Van Savant (is that her REAL name??) asking which month has the most birthdays. I knew immediately, of course -- August.

My suspicion is, of course, that the reason there are so many August birthdays is because everyone really wanted babies born in May or June, but they didn't quite make it.

We have done our best in our family to make sure we uphold the supremacy of August.

August 2 -- Nephew Timothy
August 3 -- Grandbaby Deven
August 9 -- Son Tim
August 11 -- Daughter Jill
August 24 -- Brother in Law Rob
August 25 -- Me
August 31 -- Niece Rosie

Now, new grandbaby-to-be is due on Sept 1 or 5 (depending on who you believe -- the OB or me, take your pick). If you have heard rumors that a lowered barometric pressure brings on labor -- well, we are eager to see what Tropical Storm Fay does when it hits the Naples FL area tomorrow morning.

If baby Laura is born this month -- at least she'll be in august company!!

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger simplegifts3 said...

My suspicion is, of course, that the reason there are so many August birthdays is because everyone really wanted babies born in May or June, but they didn't quite make it.

I bet the true reason is everybody really gets in the holiday spirit after Thanksgiving and before Christmas, and there is a lot of revelry going on! I mean, what else could it be??? ;-)

Btw, my family is throwing a 50th for me, and a 30th for my nephew (my husband's brother's son) next week.

We're 20 years apart, both born on August 28th.

And I don't care for the color of peridots, but ya get whatcha get!
(Lynn, from the Gothard board)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home