Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reunion -- Part II

I'm feeling just a tad guilty for not having posted anything more about the reunion. Suffice it to say that I got home from the ILCA conference where I was inducted as a "Fellow(Fellowette? Fellowess?) of the International Lactation Consultant Association -- the first time this designation has been given, and to just 16 of us. The conference was in Las Vegas. I suppose that has a certain irony, given that the 800+ of us there were promoting the use of breasts as functional -- while the rest of the "strip" (interesting word, that....) deems them decorative.

Bob would probably grant they are both.

But I digress.

I got home to discover that Ben, true to his word, had sent an wonderful booklet he put together complete with pictures of Generation 1 through Generation 6. Therefore I had to be true to MY word, and sent off a post to Wheaton College with a picture of the Torrey/Wheaton College Alum called "Getting Together in Montrose, PA." I also sent a post about our reunion to College Church since a goodly number of Gen 3 were members/attenders there when they were in college. Of course, GGM (Mother Clara) was a member as was Great Aunt Edith, which made my children (when they were still attending) at least Gen 5 College Church members. I betcha GGM would never ever dream that one of her Great-Great-Grandsons would go as a worker from College Church to North Africa!

Great Grandfather prayed for his children, his grandchildren and his great- grandchildren. And God has blessed the family through the 6th generation.

May we all be as faithful.

To quote Torrey & Liz Anne: "I love our family."



P.S. For an update on Chris' foot -- please see Torrey's blog: http://www.marriedcouplebytorrey.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger RCO said...

Congratulations Jan, you are SO deserving. As for Bobby, I agree with him! :o) Montrose, just the two of you, is still highly recommended!! :o)

Thank you for your latest post of the Torrey family reunion. I do hope that we can have another one before 20 years passes as I'm not sure I can wait that long.

Love ya lots,
You know who!

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jan! What a wonderful distinction! Thank you for the years of heart and service you have given to moms and babies.

And I'm proud to know you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home