Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shopping for the MOG Dress

I found the perfect dress. In my favorite "dressy" catalogue. Of course, I knew I couldn't get it until Susan orders her MOB dress so we don't get the same color....but my friend Carol suggested I order it anyway -- can always return it -- just in case they run out.

Good idea.

I've looked at this dress for several days. Yep, I really like it. Showed it to Tim -- he thought it was OK (what did I expect -- raptures???). Bob thought it was *nice*. Linda liked it. Torrey thought it really pretty.

So, pulled it up online, and then before clicking the "order" button, decided to check on the size of the last dress I ordered from them just to make sure I was getting the right size.

Raced upstairs and checked out the last dress.

Looked at it very carefully.

Came back downstairs to the computer and looked at my newfound MOG dress -- very carefully.

Canceled the order.

It was the same dress I had as my MOB dress for Torrey's wedding in a different color.

It was the same dress Linda had as her MOG dress for Adam's wedding -- which was in the same color as my MOB dress.

No wonder we all liked it.

Back to square one.

8 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Becky said...

I found this buying guide on how to buy a Mother of the Bride dress, complete with links to suggestions! Am sure it counts for MotG, too! ;)

http://www.shop.com/guides/how+to+choose+a+mother+of+the+bride+dress

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Louise Kish said...

Great story. I was chuckling all the way through it. It's funny how so many MOTB's lose their sense of humor somewhere between the engagement and the ceremony. I'm glad you kept yours.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

So how come you are not writing anymore? I like these posts better than FB! I miss this! And you will see that I finally posted on MY blog before taking the speck out of my sister's eye, whose blog is much more interesting and fun to read than mine!

How about another post?

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Luis said...

Aprovecho la oportunidad para saludarlo y a su vez, invitarlo a ver mi blog dedicado a mostrar la riqueza cultural del Perú mediante fotos comentadas, modelos tridimensionales en imágenes y videos, artículos y más. La dirección es:

historiaenfotosperu.blogspot.com

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Autie Mom said...

I am so glad I found this blog. I hope you keep writing. I just started a blog because my daughter just got engaged. Would love to hear more tips!!!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Mari said...

Nice story of your wedding. Here's a nice site for your blog's guests:

http://www.sensationalmotherofthebrideoutfits.com/

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Thanks for reconnecting me to your blog! I needed your humor just now. :o)

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Bench1 said...

Mothers should not be forgotten during weddings. MOB and MOG outfits are available online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home