Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Adventure No. 2

Avoiding squattie potties.

I truly had what was (probably) an irrational fear of having to use one of these facilities which ranged from a nice tiled one in our guesthouse (fortunately they had a regular western style toilet too),



to one that wasn't quite so nice but most likely just as functional.



It would be one thing to be able to use one of these holes in the ground if you had grown up squatting (or doing yoga) all your life. It's a whole 'nuther thing to start when you are (mumble-mumble) years of age!

But I did it.

How? you ask.

The traveler's new best friends: heat and a short supply of clean drinking water equals....

A decreased need to USE said facilities!

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger RCO said...

Jan, you are too much. I'm still chuckling and trying not to picture the whole episode!! ;o)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

When we're together, I'll show you my latest exercise from Physical Therapy--I call it, "I need to pee at the train station."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home