Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Empty Nest....and Words of Love

After having the nest relatively full over the past week, this is tough. Torrey and Chris went home on Sunday afternoon; Jill and Deven left yesterday morning.

There are two positives to this.

(a) The house is tidier.
(b) Munchkin has returned to the land of the fam.

However, to my way of thinking this in no way makes up for:

(a) Delightful chats with my daughters
(b) Shopping with either of them
(c) Doing "Facebook" with my son in law
(d) Sharing time around the table or on the deck
(e) A *family* with whom to attend church
(f) And last, but certainly not least, a warm little body that snuggles, laughs, plays, giggles, gives hugs and kisses...

There are some words in the English language that are musical and magical...

Mommy
Mama
Darling
Sweetheart
Grammie!!
I love you

and the latest,

"But Grammie LOVES me!"

Yes, sweet Deven, your Grammie loves (and misses) you very much.

And she loves and misses your mommy & daddy, your Aunt Torrey & Uncle Chris, and your Uncle Tim.

Empty nests? They are for the birds!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Jan-- I created a new blog that I actually plan on keeping up with! You should check it out. www.pathofsprinkles.blogpost.com.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Fribbit said...

You are so right--nothing like family!! LizAnne has given me a name so that I can now comment on blogs (can't believe that I've spent the whole evening on these!). I do hope that you'll add a birthday picture of you and the family! I miss SEEING you...but, "next year in Montrose..." Hugs my sister who so beautifully paves the way for us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home