Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Empty Nest...

We are really and truly empty nesters now. With Jill in Florida, Torrey in Indiana, and Tim -- well, currently in London, but soon to be in France and then North Africa, the city and suburbs of Chicago are feeling mighty empty.

No, not everything got done. Not everything I wanted, anyway. Tim's room is definitely looking like Tim's room. Messy. His "desk" was left on the dining room table -- I really will have to move that. Tomorrow I will cancel his cell phone, and this weekend we'll sell his car.
I have a Tim-shaped hole in my heart.

I got a very brief e-mail this morning saying he had arrived safely. Jen, his special friend, got a similar one. Presumably hers might have said just a bit more. I would hope so, anyway. We're going to get together sometime next week before I start traveling again.

Susy, Jen & Tim at our Memorial Day cookout:


Last minute work on my computer:



Loaded down....


On the way to O'Hare:


Checking in:


This is IT for 27 months? Why do I feel as though we'll be sending a LOT of care packages?


Last pics with the Madre & the Padre





Goodbye Tim -- God's richest blessings on you as you begin your Big Adventure. (Glad you are TALL so we can see you over the crowd and watch you thru security....)

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Torrey, half of the MC said...

I will miss Tim too Mama. We can use each other for support. I love you.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

Sniff. Sniff. Where's my kleenex. :(

I love it that they grow up. I hate it that they grow up.

Love, Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home