Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Odds and Ends

I can't believe it has been nearly a month since I posted last. Seems as though life has just gotten away from me....

I'm actually in North Carolina at Linda's house -- we are teaching a cram course here, and then leave on Sunday to teach another one in Albuquerque. Home for nearly a week, then head to Brunswick GA to speak at a one day conference -- home three days and then head to Merrillville IN to do another cram course. Torrey will get home while I'm in GA -- she's doing a modeling gig at McCormick Place. I'll be so glad to have her home, even if I won't see her much.

Tim is in Florida visiting Jill & Derrick who have finally moved into their new house. It's his goodbye to them -- next weekend he'll go to Indy to see Torrey & Chris. It's all going so very quickly. He'll be moving home in about a week, and then the end of May will pack up and fly to London to see his college housemate, his cousins and St. Paul Cathedral -- not necessarily in that order....

Language school starts on June 4. I've told him all the French words I know:

"Oui, merci"

"Fromage"

"Haricovert"

and

"Parlevoux francais?"

That will get him "yes, thank you", "cheese", "green beans" and "Do you speak French?"

Not great after two years of college French. Oh yes -- I forgot:

"Ooohh, la la!!" (to be said in reference to Monsieur K.... our rather hot French instructor.)

Bob is swamped with work, and the cat has decided that he needs to eat frequent small meals, particularly at night. So he's taken to waking Bob up to join him for his 2:00 am snack -- he wants company -- and then again about 4:30 so he can roam the neighborhood.

Great payback since Bob never had to get up to breastfeed the babies.

All men should inherit a cat like Munchkin.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

Bonjour Jan! Here's a very helpful French phrase: Dénomiantion d'origine Contrôlée

In Italian: Denominazione di origine Controllata E Garantita

In Spanish: Denominacion de origen

Yep, I know that phrase in 3 languages: It means "This wine is yummy!" Very helpful in Europe . .

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Torrey, half of the MC said...

Being that Munchkin used to be my cat, I am very happy that he loves his adopted parents...better you than me. I have my own cat woes...see current blog.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger CuzNuz Ruth said...

Guess I missed you in Albuquerque. Finally have internet in the home so can check blogs more frequently to keep up with you ;D)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home