Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Monday, May 21, 2007

Got the Word....

Got the word this morning....Tim's acceptance into the French language school has been confirmed and he really, truly, actually is leaving in 9 days and 6 hours. Not that I'm counting....

Wow. Lots to do in these next few days. Finish cleaning out the apartment and moving everything home -- though he's staying here now. Figure out if there is anything we need to purchase for this trip....check the suitcases....look over his clothes....put everything away that he wants to keep but doesn't want to take, and take all his "I'll never wear this again" stuff to Twice is Nice.

He's working his last three days -- after Wednesday he's a free man.

We are debating as to whether or not Bob and I drive him to O'Hare, or if we get him a limo -- he's thinking he wants to say goodbye here rather than at the airport, but I'm thinking that I need those last few pictures and hugs.

We'll see. It's gonna be tough in any case.

No one warned me about parenting adult children -- that while I am elated to see our Tim serving God and doing what God has called him to do -- it feels as though there is a sword being thrust into my soul....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home