Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Saturday, May 26, 2007

3 Days, 22 1/2 Hours

As you can see, I'm not counting down the hours or anything. I'm still working on days.

We still have just about as much to do as we did when we were at 9 days. Tim finished working on Wednesday -- his last night of work he had a group of 8 from church which he thought was great fun. But he seems to be able to find a lot of things to take up his time -- none of which involves closing up the apartment, cleaning his room, sorting his belongings, getting his thank you letter out, putting his clothes together for packing or minor things like that.

It has involved hanging out with friends, going golfing, saying goodbye, shopping (but not for much needed shoes or pants), the French Market, tiptoeing around piles and heaps of "stuff" in his bedroom, and going to a White Sox game.

A White Sox game?

A Cubs game would have been perfectly understandable, but a White Sox game?

Untenable.

I bought a "quick cam" today for my computer so we can video chat. It's installed nicely, but I've not yet figured out how to work it. I can see him, but he can't see me. That's not so bad -- but he can't HEAR me. And if he can't HEAR me, how can I dispense much needed motherly advice when he's in France?

One more thing to do before he leaves.

94 1/2 hours.


Not that I'm counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home