Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm Home....Momentarily

Just arrived home from a most excellent conference in Richmond. This is the first one I've attended in over 2 years in which I was neither speaker nor committee member nor exhibitor. Just attendee.... How nice to realize that we didn't have to worry about such small things as the LCD projector hooking up properly to the computer to run the videos -- or if the coffee and tea were hot enough for the participants -- or what the evaluations would say. Nope, just sit and soak it all up.

Bliss.

Flew into O'Hare and my DDH (that is Dear Darling Husband) picked me up as usual. He looked -- well -- truly HOT (not as in warm, either, for my older readers) in his shirt & khakis. I was MOST proud to introduce him to one of my lactation consultant friends who was getting her luggage at the same time.

Tomorrow morning I leave again for southern Indiana to speak at 3 hospitals doing 3 Building Bridges and 3 Connecting Bridges. I'm detouring to see Torrey & Chris and say goodbye to Tim (that's another, more sniffly post) and take them to lunch before heading further south -- and then spending Wednesday night at the Ray of Sunshine Motel.

Meanwhile, I'm taking the dirty laundry out of the suitcase, putting the clean laundry back in, switching out the books I've finished for some new ones, making sure I have more than enough audiobooks to take me on my travels...Indy to Washington IN to Jeffersonville to Evansville to Indy to home again...adding one more speaking outfit, and then then trying to sleep better tonight than I did last night.

But once I get home on Thursday, I'm basically home until February. A couple of little trips, but no speaking involved....

I can't even begin to think about what I should be able to get done between now and then.

Wow.

Better get started on my list!!

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

Just had fun catching up on your blog, and stealing a picture for a past entry of my own. Can you find it??!! Love U!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home