Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tales of the Wanderer

It's too bad my suitcase can't talk. I'd love to know where it was for the 24 hours it was out of my possession. And I'd like to know how the zipper unravelled....

Fortunately I was on my way HOME from doing a cram course in Charlotte rather than on my way TO Charlotte.

According to baggage claim at O'Hare, the "suitcase came down too late from TSA to be put on the plane." Hmmmm....I checked into the airport at 1:00 for a flight at 2:41. What are they thinking?

According to the man who delivered the suitcase over 24 hours later, "they often divert baggage to the next flight if the plane is too heavy."

Oh. That is not a comforting thought.

I suspect, however, that my rather battered valise had some adventures in the hold of a plane that was not immediately bound for Chicago O'Hare.

As mundane as Raleigh? As exotic as Palm Springs? A stopover in Cleveland? A side trip to Tuscaloosa?

I'll never know.

The suitcase, a bit more the worse for wear than when I trusted it to American Airlines just isn't communicating.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Russel Trojan said...

It's like I've always been told, "Wherever you go, there you are. You're luggage is a different story."

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

Reminds me of when the kids took home the teacher's stuffed animal or took it on vacation. They then kept a log of everywhere the bear had been. We wrote a rather interesting account of Mr. Bear's adventures on our vacation one year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home