Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Clothing...

It seems a bit odd to blog about clothing, but a funny thing happened on the way to the Forum....and if you are wondering why I used that phrase, you are WAAAY young!

Linda, Carole and I have been teaching together for 12 years. Our families are good friends -- we vacation together at Carole's lovely summer home at the Outer Banks, we've been on cruises together, and we make sure we are all free to attend one another's children's weddings.

We read the same catalogs.

Therein lies the problem -- or not, as the case may be.

I called Linda last November to tell her I had finally found my MOB dress. "Oh good," she said, "I found my MOG dress too."

As we exchanged info, we discovered that we had bought the same dress from the same catalog -- in the same color. Linda graciously bought us a purse to use which she passed to me after Adam's wedding so I could carry it at Torrey's.

Yesterday -- we are currently teaching in Santa Barbara -- she and I turned up in another nearly identical dress. In my defense, I've had mine for a couple of years -- she just bought hers. Usually we try to not wear the same colors on the same day -- not that you'd confuse Linda and me -- she's all of 5-2 with brown hair and eyes, while I'm 5-8+ with blonde (??) hair and blue eyes -- but we didn't bother to communicate yesterday. When we emerged from our rooms, there we were, looking like Mutt and Jeff or the Bobbsey Twins in our nearly identical royal blue slinky material dresses.

Fortunately, at our advanced ages, we do think this is rather funny. We stood in front of the class and made a big deal about it so everyone could enjoy the humor with us.

But maybe when we are teaching in Charlotte next week we'll check with each other ahead of time.

And maybe I'll change catalogs....

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Hey, why not buy the same dress for Carole and call it your uniform! :^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home