Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Err....Dieting????

The female half of the MC and I are attempting to keep one another accountable for our eating way of life by sharing all the tidbits that have passed our lips during the day. Theoretically, at least, having to confess to scarfing down four Reeses P'Butter Cups (on my last trip) should keep me from doing it.

Not.

I ate them, then blithely and unapologetically confessed my *sin*. (Candy of all sorts is NOT on my current dietary lifestyle).

A few days ago there was a radio advertisement for a new diet. Apparently you diet only every other day -- and the real incentive was that at the end of three months, whether or not you stuck to the diet, you would be paid $1000 just for participating.

Sounded too good to be true. There was a website to peruse www.dietsomethingorother.whatever. I did. I filled out the questionnaire.

Are you over 18 and under 65? Yes.

Are you pregnant or breastfeeding. No.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you really, really, really want to lose weight? Oh, about a 3. But I put down 9.

Surprise! I qualified! And was given a phone number to call to get all the particulars.

At that point, I conferred with my other lifestyle half. She agreed to make the call.

Here's the skinny (so to speak) in case you are interested. You are sent some wafers which you consume -- as many as you want -- on the "diet" days, plus follow their restrictive food plan. On the non-diet days, you eat whatever you want. So you only diet 15 days out of 30. At the end of three months, you are paid $1000 for participating.

I'm envisioning some cellulose that swells upon contact with the stomach acids and makes you feel full. Hmmm.....

The catch?

"Send $300 for shipping and handling, and we'll send you your wafers and diet plan."

Three HUNDRED bucks? Right! What are they packing them in? Gold?

I smell a "take the money and run." After all, even if this was on the up and up, the company would be out $700 per person -- IF they actually paid the $1000.

They told Torrey she better hurry and sign up because they were only taking 1000 participants. She wanted to know how long they had been working on getting 1000 participants. Since September, 2005.

Seven months and they haven't gotten 1000 suckers yet.

Maybe the American public is getting smarter.

Pass the peanut butter cups.

5 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger CuzNuz Ruth said...

Hee, hee, hee. Chuckle, chuckle, or how about passing the Snickers bars. Love your blog and thanks for putting something new up.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Torrey, half of the MC said...

Is half a batch of chocolate brownies on our new lifestyle? How about pizza...two days in a row? Painting is ruining my diet.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger RCO said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!Jan, you've got another calling...the next Erma Bombeck. The publishers are waiting...the reading public is waiting...millions of would-be-dieters are waiting!!! I'm waiting for your next post! ;o)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Joan Wheal Blank said...

Came across your blog today...as I count down to my own daughter's wedding - in 4 days! I have been blogging my own saga since October - "Countdown to May 1"
It's been fun! Loved reading about yours! Check out http://jacquieanddan.blogspot.com

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Joan Wheal Blank said...

You are still counting the days, huh? LOL...email me @ jblank@alltel.net for my new (post) blog address. Don't want to broadcast it out to everyone, you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home