Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Friday, April 07, 2006

On Blogging...

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading blogs. Not to mention enjoying writing my own. Though they have a tendency to write themselves most of the time.

Note that I've just figured out how to include a few bloglinks of some that are pretty special to me -- or that I just enjoy.

The first one, of course, belongs to my Torrey on her life as a newly wed MC. You'll probably find out more than you ever wanted to know about what it is like to be a social worker/therapist in an inner city Indianapolis elementary school It will make you laugh and cry -- and I hope it moves you to pray for her and all the others that are struggling to do the best for the children in our beleaguered public schools.

My sweet niece, Helen Clare, is the Southerner in London. Married to Adam -- an Aussie working as a youth pastor at All Souls church in London -- Helen Clare is discovering that more than just a large pond separates Brookhaven Mississippi from London England. She just discovered the joys of blogging when we were all together at Robbie and Tina's wedding in March. What a great way to let all of us keep up with what is going on in her life!

My youngest sister, Lyn, is the Ami in Berlin. ("Ami" is affectionate German slang for an American). Lyn, Tim and their three kids have lived in Berlin for the last nine years, though they've been home in Montrose PA for the '05-'06 school year. They'll be heading back to Berlin in August, leaving their oldest, Timothy, at Covenant College for his freshman year. I've been encouraging Lyn to blog ever since I discovered how much fun it is, figuring it would be a great way for her friends to keep up with what is going on in their lives. Lyn writes a wonderful prayer letter which goes out once a month, but the blog is different.

"Random Musings" is written by my friend Rebecca who lives in California. She is one of a very special group of friends scattered across the country who "meet" via e-mail fairly regularly. We pray for each other and we bear one another's burdens. She makes me think...and she makes me laugh.

There are more that I'll add as I get around to it. Some of them are written by people I don't even know....and some of them will just be great informational links to soem great websites.

Tina -- you're up next! I'm hoping you will consider sharing your slice of life as a new bride with all your fans up here in the north and across the pond!!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan, you can link up to me anytime you want. Here's my address, just getting started. http://rambling-ruth.blogspot.com/
--your cousin, CuzNuz Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home