Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Friday, March 17, 2006

Salt Lake City

I'm cozily ensconsed in what might be the nicest Radisson hotel rooms I've ever been in -- complete with gas burning fireplace, two queen size beds, and delicious chocolates. I've been in SLC since Sunday afternoon -- we (Linda, Carole & I) did a 5 day Lactation Consultant Prep Program here for a group of close to 40 participants.

I've not been to SLC for (mumble mumble) years when Marilou, Diane and I took a Westward Ho trip the summer between our junior and senior years in nursing school. All I remember from our one day here was swimming in the great Salt Lake (I think I have a picture of us) and visiting Temple Square.

The people here have been wonderful -- friendly and hospitable. They are used to lots of visitors as the skiing is great. So I hear, anyway. I've never been on a ski in my life.

The city is laid out in a grid -- amazingly easy to find your way around once you learn that North and South Temple run east and west, and East and West Temple run -- you guessed it, north & south.

I can't say too much for the food. In fact, the less said, the better. OTOH, the less I eat, the better.

I'm glad to be going home tomorrow -- as much as I love speaking -- I miss being home. Traveling gets old after awhile.

A week from today our family -- our ENTIRE family -- will be together in Jackson MS for Robbie & Tina's wedding.

That's one trip I can't wait to make!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home