Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Book One...

OK, so I promised to read the books I got. I started last night with "Mother of the Bride: The Dream, the Reality, the Search for a Perfect Dress" by Ilene Beckerman. It was short and cute. Not terribly useful, but a fun little read. Glad I got it in the used section of Amazon. I would have been disappointed to pay full price for it. The most interesting part of it was that the author started her writing career at the age of 60. There is still hope for me! Maybe one of these days I too will have a writing career.

This was my favorite page:

"Nobody pays attention to what the mother of the bride is wearing anyway.

"Everyone remembers Princess Diana's wedding dress, but who remembers what her mother wore?

"Nobody pays attention to the mother of the bride." (page 134). For my comments on this (which were a little more forceful), see my first two posts in this blog.

So -- given that, why am I fussing about an MOB dress? No one will look anyway.....except maybe Bob....

I guess maybe it is because us MOBs want to be beautiful to our daughters. It really DOESN'T matter what anyone else thinks -- because nobody pays attention to the mother of the bride....

But as long as Torrey can be proud of me on her day -- that's what counts.

I better take her with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home