Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

18 Days at Home...

I'm in the middle of 18 days at home -- longest stretch since last December. 2008 has been rather harried -- but amazing. Two trips to FL, one of which was to meet my new grandbabygirl,




one to Montrose PA for a Torrey family reunion (These are all the Wheaton grads at the reunion....)



and one to "Narnia" to visit Tim -- which also took in a short trip to "Perelandra." We did our first exhibiting ever -- at the National Association of WIC Directors conference in Louisville.



We went to Wisconsin for a weekend stay at a fabulous resort with friends we have known since forever...



And had the worst rain ever in the Chicagoland area -- true flooding, though our basement stayed dry -- praise the Lord!!



Other than that I had 35 speaking gigs -- some only one day, some as long as 6 days. Some as the only speaker for a conference, most with one or both of my LEC compatriots, Linda and Carole. I only have one left to go next month, and then am finished until February!!

So today....no mom/baby dyads at the hospital, no moms scheduled to come and see me here, nothing on the calendar!! Oh my, what shall I do?

My "to do" list is long. I could write lectures for 2009. I could clean up the dining room. I could mail the C'mas package to Lyn. I could look for the C'mas wrapping paper in the basement. I could....I could....

I could have another cup of coffee! I think I will!

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger RCO said...

Great update and of course I love the pictures.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

She mailed the package. It's here. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home