Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Narnia -- the Movie -- and Susan....

I LOVE Narnia. I've been a friend of Narnia and all things Narnian and CS Lewisian (is that a word?) since I was a youngun. I was introduced to Narnia in the late 50's, shortly after The Last Battle was published....I've always had a very hard time figuring out which one of the books is my favorite, but I will say that I think they should be read in publication order -- not in the order in which they occur in time. Reading The Magician's Nephew several books AFTER reading The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe is such an "aha!" experience....

We even had a cat named Puddleglum once upon a time.

Anyway, Bob and I saw the movie a bit over a week ago. I thought it was wonderful! Bob was worried -- he knows I don't like movies that are made from books, particularly when it is a book I've read over and over and can practically recite word for word. But oh, I DID enjoy this movie, and thought it very true to the book -- with a few exceptions. Where was reference to the "Emperor-Over-the-Sea" and what was that river business??? But other than that -- it was terrific. (Except when was the last time you saw a blonde witch?) I heard today that they are already starting work on the next movie, "Prince Caspian."

For anyone who has read The Last Battle -- the burning question remains: whatever happened to Susan? Did she ever get back to Narnia?

Well, someone on my Spare 'Oom listserv shared the following website with us. The story is marvelous. Print it out, grab a couple of kleenex and a cup of tea (or coffee -- that's always OK too), and enjoy....

http://www.livejournal.com/users/honorh/226358.html

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan. I like your larger font sizes, easier to read. I comment about this blog. Have you ever thought how Narnia is so close to the occult. I can't explain it very well, but I did find a site I thot did. http://www.geocities.com/cobblestoneministries/2006/NarniaOccult_Unchristian.html
Not out to change your mind, just giving my perspective. Love you, Ruth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home