Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

"Hi Grammie!"

Deven still hasn't quite figured out this whole talking-on-the-phone business. Jill said that while they were coming home from church he wanted Grammie and Papa so she said she'd call us when they got home. Bob isn't home yet -- he's teaching the 4 1/2 year old "Pandas".

But Deven did manage "Hi Grammie!" just as clear as anything. Nothing more than that yet, but he'll learn.

And Bob will call him when he gets home so he can say hi to his Papa.


But it just isn't the same as them coming over after church here in Wheaton. No little boy arms hugging me around my neck. No little voice exclaiming, "Papa! Papa!" No visits to the tupperware cabinet to find just the right size hat.


I'm sure they are where they need to be right now --

I'm sure.

I'm ....

Are they?

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger CuzNuz Ruth said...

oh Jan, you make me want to cry with you, for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home