Mother of the Bride Spot

Random thoughts on being a Mother of the Bride...although since we are now past The Wedding, perhaps this would be better titled Random Thoughts On Life In General...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Yearly Physical....

Had to go in to see Marie for the yearly physical.

Doncha just love them? No matter how nice your doc is -- there are just some things that Are. Not. Fun.

This is one of them.

But I did get my chuckle when the nurse, dutifully filling out the computerized history form, asked me what I was using for birth control

"Um.....Old Age?"

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger RCO said...

Jan, HAHAHAHAHA...you are the greatest!!!! But, what else did you learn?

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Grammie Jan said...

Let's see.

1. That I am truly old.
2. That my cholesterol is lovely.
3. That my triglycerides could stand some improvement.
4. That I need to exercise (so what else is new? I tell them to put it on the chart that we have discussed it to get them off the hook)
5. That Marie thinks her son's new girlfriend is lovely, even if she is protestant. I said, "Gee, thanks, Marie!" at which point she offered to wash her mouth out with soap and we both dissolved into gales of laughter. End of physical.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger An Ami in Berlin said...

Right. That ranks right up there with the guy in the park who asked me when the baby was due. Baby? And here I thought I was wearing the top of fashion. HA. And all you could see was the microwave popcorn resting on my tummy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home